Principal/Senior Research Associate in Bioanalytical Assay Development
Frontera Therapeutics is seeking a Principal/Senior Research Associate to join our Bioanalytic & Biomarkers Development team. The successful candidate will be a creative scientist with demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience in bioanalytical assay development. This individual will be responsible for the development and execution of bioanalytical methods to support our AAV-based gene therapy programs independently or with the guidance of senior scientist. S/he will be required to design and conduct various bioanalytical assays. S/he will perform data analysis and present the data to the project team. This person will also provide technical support in bioanalytical development for cross-functional project teams within Frontera.
Frontera Therapeutics is an exciting new company looking to become the gene therapy leader for the global markets [China and beyond]. Leveraging our deep scientific expertise and industry know-how, Frontera is developing an innovative platform to make these life changing treatments more affordable and accessible to patients. The company has a rich product pipeline in various stage of development. Backed by proven investors and an experienced leadership team, our aim is to make gene therapy available to everyone in the world.
We are committed to delivering the highest quality product for patients at affordable price, and we are looking for creative problem solvers to join our collaborative and fast-paced team in Boston area. As an early employee, you will have the unique opportunity to impact our culture and values. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to grow and become the next leaders in the field.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include, not limited to, the following:
- Independently or under supervision of senior scientists, design, develop, troubleshoot, qualify and implement various bioanalytical assays to support the biomarker development and pharmacodynamic evaluation for AAV-based therapeutic programs.
- Conduct routine and project-specific assay development and sample testing to support gene therapy research and development and meet program timelines.
- Document experimental details in electronic lab notebook and author study reports, SOPs, and assay procedures.
- Evaluate and review raw data and study analytical reports and assay validation reports, as appropriate, to ensure laboratories are performing analysis in compliance with current regulatory, industry, and company standards and that data are of the required quality (regulatory and scientific).
- Effectively analyze, summarize and present the data to the project teams.
- Maintain detailed and well-organized documentation with best industry practice.
- Participate in research activities at departmental and cross functional project teams and collaborate with team members.
Qualifications & Skills
- A B.S or M.S. in Cell and/or Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, and Analytical Chemistry or related disciplines, with 2+ years of academia laboratory or industry experience working in biotech and/or pharmaceutical companies.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in various bioassays techniques for nucleic acids and protein detection including but not limited to, qPCR/RT-qPCR, bDNA assay, western blot, ELISA, MSD, and other related technologies/platforms.
- Hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays, cell transfection/transduction, and cell and tissue processing for following assays.
- Individuals with experience in HPLC and/or LC/MS-based techniques are encouraged to apply.
- Proven ability to work independently and to be a good team player in a hands-on laboratory setting. Ability to learn new techniques and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, have pro-active and positive can-do attitude.
- Attention to details, with strong scientific, organizational and documentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Being willing to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with demonstrated capacity to handle multiple tasks and demands.