Vector Research Scientist
The focus of this position is to identify novel targets, develop novel technologies and vectors to support our early pipeline programs targeting various disorders. The position requires extensive knowledge in molecular and cell biology, virology, immunology, neurology, and/or genetics, with hands-on experience working in vector design, viral transduction and/or gene editing. This position reports to Senior Director/Head of Vector Research and Development.
- Lead discovery stage of pipeline programs, evaluate novel technologies and targets, and design AAV gene therapy strategies to buildup pipeline programs.
- Conduct viral and non-viral vector design, molecular cloning, plasmid prep, and sequencing.
- Conduct vector production and transduction.
- Establish and conduct various assays to validate and screen the vectors.
- Design experiments, collect and analyze data, write report and prepare data slides, and present data in meetings.
- Work effectively with different cross-functional teams (e.g., in vivo pharmacology, bioanalytical, analytical, upstream and downstream process development, and etc.) to support key research objectives in a fast paced and interdisciplinary environment.
- Communicate and manage external CRO to support research activities.
- Oversee and report the progress of programs timely, stay on timelines.
- Maintain detailed and well-organized documentation with best industry practice.
- A Ph.D. in molecular biology, cell biology, virology, immunology, neurology, or related discipline is required.
- Extensive hands-on experience with viral and non-viral vector design is required.
- Experience with cell and gene therapy is preferred.
- Experience with capsid engineering and discovery is preferred.
- Experience with AAV production and purification is desirable.
- Extensive and excellent hands-on skills and experience with molecular biology, cell culture techniques, and cell-based assays are required.
- Proficient in cell culture, transfection, Western, ELISA, flow, PCR, and ddPCR techniques
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Responsible and efficient with the lab assignments
- Proven track record of leading project or programs in academic and industrial settings
- Can do attitude and quick and high-quality execution.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to be highly productive in a fluid, fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of laboratory reports and presentations.