HR Manager/Senior Manager
Frontera Therapeutics is an exciting, innovative company looking to become the gene therapy leader for the global markets. Leveraging our deep scientific expertise and industry know-how, Frontera is developing an innovative platform to make these life-changing treatments more affordable and accessible to patients. The company has a rich product pipeline in various stages of development. Backed by proven investors and an experienced leadership team, our aim is to make gene therapy available to everyone in the world.
We are looking for creative problem solvers to join our collaborative and fast-paced team in Bedford, MA. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to grow and become the next leaders in the field.
Summary of Job Description:
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager or Senior Manager or Associate Director to join our team. The person will be responsible for all HR functions for our US operations, including maintaining all existing HR policies, procedures, and systems, and build new policy/procedures/systems when needed. The position is a key partner in supporting our department leaders and their teams through strategy, execution, recruitment, performance management, and benefits administration. This person will use their strong communication skills and business acumen to advise and assist their internal customers.
If you are a collaborative person with a strong interest in supporting employees and management in a changing environment, we want you to join our team!
- Partner with all levels of leadership, providing HR guidance to drive employee engagement and organizational effectiveness
- Work with all department management teams on recruitment efforts
- Conduct meetings with assigned departments and leaders on an ongoing basis to discuss and strategize the best way to support business and professional development needs
- Provide guidance to manage and resolve employee relations issues as they arise
- Manage Annual and semi-annual performance process using ADP HRIS.
- Review and analyze business metrics such as retention, attrition, and employee survey scores in order to recommend departmental and company-wide improvements
- Guide leadership in team and individual development, compensation review, and goal setting on an ongoing basis
- Manage annual merit review and equity refresh process with the leadership team on an annual basis.
- In concert with the business, develop and support organizational planning which aligns workforce capabilities with business needs. Will also align with future job applications.
- Develop, administer and manage benefits on behalf of the company. As a key contact for benefits administration, provide frequent communications and support to the Frontera workforce. Work with third party insurance and benefits administrators to resolve problems and stay up to date on the most current offers.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase effectiveness and retention
- Understand and enforce existing and future governmental and labor laws
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Complete other HR team special projects as needed
- Maintain an employee handbook
- Develop and support employee onboarding process – including new employee orientations
- Conduct employee relations counseling
- Develop, edit, and recommend employee personnel policies and procedures
- Creating and revising job descriptions
Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, HR management, or a related field. SHRM Certified Professional is a plus.
Experience and Skill Requirement:
- 4+ years of HR Business Partner or Generalist experience
- Experience using ADP Workforce Now Experience / ADP Total Source
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High personal standards of excellence, commitment, and integrity while respecting confidentiality.