Accounts Payable Specialist / Staff Accountant
Summary of Job Description:
Frontera is a fast paced start-up environment that is constantly evolving. Likewise, the accounts payable process has evolved from manual paper based processes to an automated system solution. This role will have end-to-end responsibility for managing the company accounts payable process, including related month-end closing processes, vendor invoice processing, payment distribution, and 3-way match process. Secure all necessary authorizations for payment in support of company policy. Develop and maintain policy and procedures supporting P2P processes. Lead various process improvement initiatives as part of the evolution of P2P processes. Support cross functional business partners to resolve purchase order, invoicing and payment issues. Work with external auditors related to quarterly and year-end audits. Additional accounts payable responsibilities include, month-end accruals, management of 1099’s, corporate credit card payments, and accounts payable metrics and analysis reporting. Perform additional accounting and reporting tasks as required to support the department.
- Support the processing of purchase requisitions, purchase orders and invoices.
- Secure approvals of purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and invoices according to company policy
- Support processing and coding of 1099’s and W9’s.
- 3-way match packing slips, purchase orders and invoices and prepare for scanning.
- Run reports to ensure reconciliation of batched invoices with Great Plains AP module
- Analyze and select vendors for payment (ACH, check run and Wire Transfer)
- Prepare vendor payment file and submit for approval.
- Support the accounting and processing of employee expense reports
- Responsible for record keeping and organization of A/P invoices.
- Support the external auditors in periodic testing and account analysis requests.
- Receives and verifies invoices, and ensuring that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures, account codes, in addition to having required approval.
- Bank statement reconciliation through Great Palins ERP system
- Monthly processing of journal entries to support closing function.
- Monthly detail accrual analysis and reconciliation.
- Perform other accounting, financial and administrative tasks as may be required to back-up and support the accounting team.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
Experience and Skill Requirement:
- 1 to 3 years in an accounting role with exposure to accounts payable.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains ERP system.
- Month-end close related Accounts Payable activities, journal entries, adjustments, reconciliations, and accruals.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration and customer service.
- Intellectual curiosity.